Skip to main content

File a Complaint

When Filing a Complaint

Please provide as much factual information as possible on allegations, and any copies of relevant documentation that would support the allegations. Remember to provide:

  • Specific act of wrongdoing; what specifically did the person do or not do?
  • Specific dates or times and locations the event(s) occurred
  • Names and contact information of any witnesses
  • Documents we should seek out and their location
  • Amount of money in question or at stake
  • Any other information which may assist investigators
  • As much information as possible about the person who is the subject of the complaint (e.g. name, address, position or title)

Complainants may also call:

  • The State Comptroller's Get-Lean Hotline. The telephone number is 1-800-GET-LEAN (438-5326); and
  • The State Employee Whistle-blower Hotline (operated by the Office of the Chief Inspector General of the Governor's Office). The number is (850) 922-1060 or Toll-Free: 1-800-543-5353.